CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not Ready

I have decided that I'm not ready to be the mother of a teenage daughter. I never really did anything as a teenager. The #1 reason was I was SCARED to death of my mother... and I really couldn't stand the thought of disappointing her.
I have a hard time saying out loud the things I need to say, so I kinda know what I need to tell my daughter about boys, but I want to get my point across and still sound like I know what I'm talking about. I can put it on paper and it sounds great, but how lame is it to give my daughter the talk thru a letter. That's just stupid. Its not like I haven't sorta given her the talk. I just need to reinforce them and set down some rules. I was trying to think about what we did with Jacque,but she went to live with her mom when she was 14. My sister nearly drove me crazy when she was 14. Ok so they just lose their minds at 14, or maybe its just me.
Boo is really a good kid for the most part. She's pretty typical really, dirty room, clothes everywhere, spends too much time texting.... You name it, but she's great school wise, still maintains awesome grades. I don't want to over react, but I know I need to react. I just need to do it without freaking out over somethings that may just be normal.
If mom were here, I'd call her and ask for help and to also tell her that I'm sorry for any time I made her feel overwhelmed to the point of insanity.

1 comments:

NurseMom said...

Alex came to me tonight and talked very openly. I understand where you are coming from about finding it hard to say things to Boo. I was that way too but the more I make myself do it, the easier it gets!