CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Bad Omen??

Sunday morning July 20, we leave out around 6am headed to Florida on Vacation. We are on AR 59 close to Natural Dam area and its very foggy so we're not going very fast. I close my eyes and lay my head back, cuz its too early for me and I've got a sinus headache. When I hear OMG and then a Bang. We hit a deer (thank God I wasn't driving) hit headon with the bumper, spun around and hit my right fender flare (I think that's what its called..). As you can see below. But the real kicker is. It just knocked it loose along with the rubber piece along the front bumper. Gordon made the attempt to put it back into place. We get to Florida, drive around all week, went to Cocoa Beach etc... The following saturday/ early sunday morning we are just north of Little Rock and hear something. Gordon pulls over and tries to push the fender flare back into place, we get back on the interstate and we see it pop out and then whooosh it was gone. I'll admit it I cried. Have I mentioned that I love my Jeep??? Ok well I cried thinking why God does something have to happen to a vehicle that I really like? Am I being punished, have I been to vain?? All of these really retarded thoughts are going thru my head. So we stop at a gas station to fill up and I had to take a pic.

Ok, well we get around Monday and got an estimate, so my baby is in the shop getting fixed insurance covering the majority of it. So I wont get back until Tuesday, apparently Jeep parts are hard to get in. I did get some good news as well. Not too long after we got the Jeep, Gordon was mowing and threw a rock and hit the drivers side door putting a dent in my door. Well the body shop has bonded and sanded it and my door will be like new. So I gotta give thanks for my blessings.
I know that the damage to my front end could've been much worse so I'm grateful for the tank that I drive. :D
None of this put a damper on our trip, we had a great time. Thankfully we didn't let this little incident get us down and we had a great time.

0 comments: