CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Closure

My husbands father passed away yesterday morning while having breakfast. Heart attack. Very sad. Gordon is taking it pretty well actually.
Here's my issue. The person he was married to, if you want to call her a person.... (anyway) she informed the children that there would be NO funeral, No type of service at all. She's sending him for cremation and then spreading his ashes at the lake.
I'm sorry, but what the hell? How can the children come to terms with the loss if they have no way to say goodbye? How cold do you have to be to not have anything?
I guess that's why you'd better have a will.
To me it would just feel open ended, not even a place to put flowers or just say goodbye.
I seriously hope that woman crawls back into the hole she crawled out of.

1 comments:

Gigi said...

That is sad. My condolences. Maybe you could ask her 2 be present when she spreads the ashes?