Saturday Chase had his first T-Ball Tournament, They are the Cardinals, last year his number was 21 (no idea why) this year he chose 12, cuz 1 comes before 2.
So here he's up to bat. This was the first game, was a little cool. He made it to first. Here he is on first. His helmet is so big Gordon says he looks like Chicken Little...
Here he is in the outfield, Don't he look ready?
Here he is getting to first, this was the last game of the day. He was out, but was a good effort, he didn't stop running. If you look closely I think one kid in the outfield was almost doing the splits.... As you can see by the shorts, it warmed up. Was a great day.
The games started at 9am and our last one was at 4:30. So we were tired. Four games is a lot for 5 year olds. Three hours total of baseball. He's getting better. One game he made it all the way to second and even home once. He always runs to back up the first baseman on every play. He has fun and thats what I want more than anything.
There was a group of kids that could've used new coaches. I overheard one tell his runner to run over a kid in the baseline. Come on they are 5 and 6 year olds, that's not teaching kids sportsmanship.
Chase has good coaches, they are patient thank goodness. They're more concerned with teaching basics than winning and I love that. I know that in a few years these kids will be awesome.
Monday, April 7, 2008
First T-Ball Tournament
Posted by sheila_j71 at 12:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment