Today we decided to go for a little swim....Notice Chase in his life vest. The kids jumped into the pool, I notice my floating mat on the ground, I pick it up shake it and decide its too nasty to go into the pool so I threw it down, just happened to look down and this is what I saw.......
Here's a closer view... after I screamed like a little girl and jumped back. So stupid me, I go into the house to grab the camera, needed a picture just in case I was bit. Still screaming and nearly throwing up.
So I grab the shovel, climb up the steps into the pool holding the shovel, I jump onto the edge of pool. I'm short so that's a jump, I have trouble reaching the stupid thing, meanwhile it sees me and is watching the shovel. Did I mention that I'm freaking out..... So Bethany is on the edge of the pool as well, I have trouble reaching so she takes the shovel. It straightens out I yell at her to get it, she chops...screams....chops again...screams....chops again....screams....chops again (you get the picture)
I yell at her to cut its head off. She cuts the head, I still see its nasty mouth opening and moving, I grab the shovel and cut its head completely off and tossed it away from the body. I know they can't reconnect but still why take the chance.
As you can see its mouth is full of sand, that was done during the chopping and then flipping it with the shovel away from its body. Ok so I freaked out, but I know a couple of guys who would've left the kids in the pool and took off running into the house.
I think between the two of us we freaked Chase completely out. After it was over he wanted out of the pool. I told him after that ordeal by gosh we were going to have a good swim.
So after all that excitement I think I just need to go to bed.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Another Day in Stilwell (BOO is my HERO)
Posted by sheila_j71 at 6:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember Aunt Pearl and a copperhead, but she used the poker iron from the stove. It was the next morning after Harold was born and me and Bobbie had slept on the couch the snake crawled out from under. We were setting on the couch when Aunt Pearl saw it and started yelling for Uncle Loyed. She didn't wait for him to get out of bed. I hate snakes!
You go girl! I don't know if I would have been brave enough to even take pictures of it.
Post a Comment