CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Faith of children

After our little ordeal with the snake, the kids weren't too keen on going back down to the pool. So the other night with Chase we said our prayers and asked God to rid our yard of the nasty little creatures. Chase asked if God would do and I said what do you think and he said I believe it. So he told his dad that there would be no more snakes because we asked God to get rid of them. I know that God didn't give us the spirit of fear, its something we instil in our kids and make them afraid of things, more for their saftey than anything. Then as they get older we want them to be brave. I don't want to be afraid to go out into my own yard.
I know that the snake was close enough to have bit me and I also know that I am under God's protection. Without him I wouldn't be here, I know this. I'm am trying to have the faith that my son does. You tell him that God can do it and he believes it. No doubt. So that is my goal to have the faith of a child.
Chase has been to Childrens Crusade these past few days, they have puppets and he loves it. He's had so much fun and has even attempted learning a couple of memory verses, he repeats the prayers at church. I am so proud of him and of Bethany who was asked by the youth paster to help the kids in the alter.
I am a good mom because God has blessed me with a great love for my children. I know I need to share that love with others and hopefully someday I'll be able to that.

1 comments:

NurseMom said...

You're a great mom!