Ok, so I don't have a problem really with the job I do. But what I do have a problem with is EVERYONE getting by with everything. From not logging information down, not passing information on to the next shift. Wearing hooker boots to work, I mean really we don't need to know what your part time job is!!!!
I really hate having such a bad attitude this early in the new year. I also hate feeling like the work I do is not apprecieated. I mean you might as well be a total screw-up because no one will do anything. I want structure, rules. Rules are good. They keep you on your toes, make you want to work harder, do better and make you look better in the eyes of the public. Our public thinks this department is a joke, seeing some of those on duty, I can't really blame them.
There's a job that's opened up, about 25 miles away. Its 4 dollars and hour more than what I'm making. Its not dispatching, its more admin work than anything. I have a couple days to decide if I'm going to apply. I just don't know yet. There are the pluses: More Money, daytime hours, no spouse being involved in office gossip and bringing it home to me to just piss me off even more.
I've been back here for 3 years now, I had to fight for my vacation time that they tried to take away. I am 5 minutes away to pick up the kids from school if their sick or whatever.
I'm just not happy with alot of things really. When I do try to talk to my spouse about it, he blows me off or says I'm grouchy. I'm usually thinking..... ok well we won't get into what I'm really thinking.
I know its just a job and I can be replaced tomorrow and with my kids I can never be replaced, but shouldn't you be somewhat happy with your job?
Spouse doesn't understand, he's been with the same department for 23 plus years. He has never talked over with me when he's thought about or did transfer to a different area. But then men don't worry about having to pick up the kids or making sure you're home enough with them either.
Ok, so I'm just gonna give it up and leave it in God's hands.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Needing a Change
Posted by sheila_j71 at 11:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It will work out the way it's supposed to sweetie. But, I think a change is a good thing sometimes.
Post a Comment